Tuesdays @MONK Space: Eyes Forward Featuring The Furies & Jordan Curcuruto
5/29/23, 2:00 AM
4414 W 2nd St, Los Angeles, CA 90004, USA
In its second installment of its Emerging Artist Series, T@MS presents violin duo The Furies (Maiani da Silva and Kate Outterbridge) and percussionist and composer Jordan Curcuruto. Featured pieces include new works by Nina Shekhar, Jordan Curcuruto, and Jennifer Bewerse.
Jordan Curcuruto, percussion
- Kurt Schwitters: Ursonate (1932)
- Jordan Curcuruto: Munus (2020)
- Christopher Adler: Zaum Box (2016)
- Jordan Curcuruto: You babble a lot... (2023)
The Furies violin duo
- Eve Beglarian: Did He Promise You Tomorrow (2017)
- Jennifer Bewerse: Bloom (2020)
- Nina Shekhar: Dark Red Sky (2020)
- Anna Clyne: The Violin (2009)
- Dolly Parton: Wildflowers (1987)
Time & Location
Jan 30, 2016, 9:00 PM
Automata Theater, 504 Chung King Ct, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Southland Ensemble is thrilled to explore and interpret Brown's historic, groundbreaking work with this concert, sponsored by the Earle Brown Foundation.
Throughout his life, Brown became known as a composer who devised a myriad of new and challenging notational systems and musical forms. He is credited with the invention of open form, a compositional format that is widely used in experimental music today, as well as with the creation of one of the earliest graphic scores, December 1952.
On January 30th, Southland will present works from FOLIO.
Tickets $18 general / $15 students
Facebook Event HERE