Tuesdays @MONK Space: Eyes Forward Featuring The Furies & Jordan Curcuruto
5/29/23, 2:00 AM
4414 W 2nd St, Los Angeles, CA 90004, USA
In its second installment of its Emerging Artist Series, T@MS presents violin duo The Furies (Maiani da Silva and Kate Outterbridge) and percussionist and composer Jordan Curcuruto. Featured pieces include new works by Nina Shekhar, Jordan Curcuruto, and Jennifer Bewerse.
Jordan Curcuruto, percussion
- Kurt Schwitters: Ursonate (1932)
- Jordan Curcuruto: Munus (2020)
- Christopher Adler: Zaum Box (2016)
- Jordan Curcuruto: You babble a lot... (2023)
The Furies violin duo
- Eve Beglarian: Did He Promise You Tomorrow (2017)
- Jennifer Bewerse: Bloom (2020)
- Nina Shekhar: Dark Red Sky (2020)
- Anna Clyne: The Violin (2009)
- Dolly Parton: Wildflowers (1987)
Fri, Feb 10|
Conrad Prebys Music Center, Recital Hall
SlowSD: John Cage and Laurence Crane
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2017, 4:00 PM
Conrad Prebys Music Center, Recital Hall, Conrad Prebys Music Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Violinist Erik Carlson, an assistant professor at UC San Diego, will present SlowSD, a festival of slow music. The festival will begin at midnight on February 9, 2017 and last through February 12.
Jennifer's performance will feature John Cage's One8 and Laurence Crane's Raimondas Rumsas, both of which are performed with a BACH.bogen curved bow that can play all four strings of the cello simultaneously. Other composers featured include Oliveros, Satie, Feldman, Frey, Epstein, Lamb, and more.
For more information and other performances on this festival, visit slowsd.org